1) Bell’s Brewery – Began during the early 1980’s because the Kalamazoo Brewing Company, Ray Bell has switched his once small craft brew operation into probably the most popular and well-known microbreweries both in the condition of Michigan and over the midwest. Using the recognition of the beers ongoing to develop, Bell’s Brewery (name altered for this in 2005) opened up up a bigger production facility just outdoors of Kazoo in Comstock, MI in 2002. Current production is more than 100,000 barrels of beer each year.
With its flagship beer Oberon, Bell’s is promoting a well-known following among beer enthusiasts and it has won numerous awards in beer competitions through the years. Bell’s isn’t just restricted to the midwest, you’ll find their beers across the nation 14 different states, balance out west within the Phoenix area!
Bell’s offers Pale Ale, Porter, Kalamazoo Stout, Third Coast Beer, Amber Ale and 2 Hearted Ale all year long, using their most widely used beer, Oberon, available seasonally from March through October.
If you maintain Kalamazoo, visit their downtown brewpub (Bell’s Eccentric Coffee shop) permanently beer, good food and live music within their outside beer garden.
2) Bilbo’s Pizza & Brewing Company – Once known mainly for his or her pizza and wheat grains bread sticks with dill sauce (yummy!), Bilbo’s presently makes their very own beer in their Stadium Drive location. Their most widely used beer could be their Wizard Wheat to go together with other beer styles, for example, their Dragon Red Ale. If you are searching for much great pizza and microbrew, try them!
3) Bravo Restaurant & Coffee shop – Bravo! is among merely a couple of restaurants in Kalamazoo which happens to make their very own craft beer. They brew several types of beer, varying using their Adams Ale IPA, Nimbus Oatmeal Stout, Exit 78 American Red Ale as well as their Good Beer Pale Ale.
4) Olde Peninsula Brewpub & Restaurant – Situated in downtown Kalamazoo, Olde Peninsula delivers an excellent choice of craft beer to go together with their restaurant menu. Additionally to simply sampling their beer, additionally, they provide a brewery tour for $10, including samplings of beers on tap.
5) Old Hat Brewery – Located just west of Kalamazoo in Lawton, Old Hat Brewery provides some good micro brew beer. Their Station 1300 Light Lager is simple to consume to go together with their Depot Pilsner and Red Lager.